fashion latest news
What's new with shoe?
Shane Carroll, StyleTread’s Chief Stylist, gives us a sneak peek into StyleTread’s Summer 2012 including Tribe Vibe, Single Ladies, Perfect Pastels, Fabulous Flats, Metallica, Neonista ,Tough Love, White Out, and Evening Flats...
Shane has worked closely with Australia’s leading footwear labels and has identified the 10 key trends for Spring/Summer 2012:
• Fabulous Flats. As well as quintessional classic the ballet flat, masculine styles continue with brogues and loafers and boyish lace-ups. Pictured below: Verali - Terri Red/White canvas ballet shoe (AU$54)
• Tribe Vibe takes its cue from global traveller inspirations with raffia, hand beading and animal prints. Pictured: Diavolina - Nolita Neutral (AU$154.50)
• Single Ladies. 1950s elegance seen in Mad Men and brought back the single sole women's shoe such as this Windsor Smith almond toe pump, Paige Neutral. This ladylike trend runs alongside the platform sole which continues to be popular, but the single sole shoe is seen this summer in heights from a kitten heel to a stiletto.
• Perfect Pastels - sorbet shades replace last year's brights with a softer, more feminine edge. The strongest pastels to look out for a lemon, mint green and pale blue, with pink, apricot and lavender also showing. Pictured: Siren - Simba Dusty Pink (AU$81.77)
• Metallica - metallics ranging from silver through gold make a futuristic impact and rose gold makes a big appearance this season. The Simba shoe above in pink, is also available in a rose gold pictured below, availably exclusively online at styletread.co.nz
• Get Sporty - the London Olympics have brought a sporty vibe to shoe fashion and the new wedge sneaker reflects this with a trainer vibe with a bit of height added. Styletread says this trend is the shoe of the season. Boston Babe - Smokin Neutral (AU$118.14)
• Neonista - along with the metallics, this is a very futuristic trend that is anything but natural! Fluoro yellow, orange or pink add a sci-fi look, or look stunning as a detailing against tan or black. Verali - Jocasa Fluoro Neon Yellow (AU$72.65)
• White Out - yes, white shoes are back! Tying in with its slightly sixties Mod vibe. white is often paired with metallic heels, or PVC materials. Mollini - Abbra White.
• Evening Flats - Flat shoes after dark add a touch of low-key glamour to an outfit. You look cool without trying too hard. They are often adorned with metal, jewels, or silk fabrics.
• Tough Love - this trend adds punk attitude to pretty shoes, with studs and spikes on single soles and kitten heels rather than last season's towering platforms, looking more feminine but still tough.
Spring 12 brings something for everyone, from pretty gelato shades, to hard-edged glamour. I want to update my shoe wardrobe with some neon, and I'm loving the studded looks, too.
What will you choose?
8 July 2012
more fashion news
- Connie McDonald: At Lily's House
- Lingerie feature: Trends at Calvin Klein
- Meet the model: Alden Anderson
- Designer Profile: Anna at Canterbury of NZ
- I'm loving: the latest candles
- Latest industry news